At FloriFence, we expect a lot from our carpenters, metalworkers, and installation specialists. We not only want workers who are skilled technically, but those who are able to make a great impression on clients and the greater community. Because of this, we work closely with our staff to develop holistic skills that will serve our installation crews for years to come.
If you are in the construction field or are interested in growing your career, these 5 skills are the most important for you to develop:
- Time management skill – Customers will expect you to be on time every day and meet deadlines even when things go wrong. This can be difficult, especially when you’re managing multiple projects at a time. However, building your coordination and time management skill will be paramount to your success.
- Math and language Literacy – Construction work requires careful calculations and iron-tight contract work, which all require both math and language literacy at a higher level than most expect. Getting your high school diploma or GED is essential to ensure you have the skills necessary to perform these tasks on a daily basis.
- Technological literacy – The construction industry is technologically evolving, which means workers need to keep current with the latest industry standards for equipment and communication platforms.
- Physical strength and stamina – It’s no surprise that construction jobs are highly physical, and require you to work long hours outside. This means that physical strength and stamina are paramount. You must take care of your health and stay in relatively good shape not only to be good at your job but to avoid onsite injury.
- Team and interpersonal skills – All construction workers need to be able to work well in teams and communicate professionally with customers to ensure the job gets done smoothly. The more friendly and personable you are, the better chance you’ll have of making friends within your team and getting along with tough clients.
If you think you have what it takes to be an asset to the FloriFence installation team, contact us today to learn more about open positions.