At FloriFence, we specialize in wood, metal, and vinyl fencing for homes and businesses. However, many of our clients ask us about the options for brick fencing or retainer walls, which can change the entire look and feel of their landscaping. Brick is a unique option to create privacy and security for your home. However, you should be aware of all the pros and cons of this option before you begin your installation.
Five Pros and Cons of Brick Fencing or Privacy Walls
- Brick is the most durable type of privacy fencing – Brick installations will last a lifetime with proper care. Because of their material and meticulous installation process, this fence or retainer wall will last through almost any weather or outdoor conditions.
- Brick requires regular maintenance – While brick is very durable, it can grow mold or develop discoloration without proper care. You’ll need to regularly pressure wash your brick to prevent these issues. Other fencing types do not need the same rigorous maintenance schedule.
- Bricks are long-lasting and recyclable – Brick fencing will last as long as you take care of it, but if major damage occurs due to weather or other onsite issues you can always recycle the brick for other construction purposes. This makes brick an eco-friendly option as well as a practical one.
- Brick is more expensive than traditional fencing – Because of its slow and tedious installation process, brick fencing and retainer walls are more expensive to install than most traditional fencing types.
- Brick installations are a beautiful aesthetic choice – Nothing can quite replace the look of old brick for a home or backyard. While its rustic appearance isn’t for everyone, it is considered a classic aesthetic look that is irreplaceable to many.
If you’re unsure of a brick installation as opposed to traditional fencing options, talk to your FloriFence team to determine which is the right choice for you.