The New Year is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking of investments to make for 2023. New procedures, new hires, and investments in your building can all help ensure you have an even better year than this one. One investment we often recommend to businesses who are looking to improve their exterior is parking lot bollards.
What are bollards?
Bollards are large vertical posts used in parking lots and along sidewalks that help prevent collisions and traffic issues in and around a business. Bollards are typically made of steel, concrete, or heavy-duty plastic in the case of temporary bollards. They can be used for a variety of purposes, from preventing parking in unwanted areas to creating a safety barrier in places where heavy machinery like forklifts and commercial vehicles are used.
Permanent vs. Temporary Bollards
Bollards can be installed permanently on the property or can be made with an interlocking base to allow for flexible bollard placement. Some businesses prefer the “set it and forget it” installation of a permanent bollard, but others may want to be able to change the bollard location or use it for special events. The property owner may also not want a permanent addition to the parking lot, in which case temporary bollards can help you meet in the middle.
Why You Might Need Bollards for Your Business
If you don’t currently have bollards in place for your business, it may seem unnecessary to install them now. However, bollards can provide several benefits to your business, including:
- Bollards can prevent accidents between drivers in your parking lot and pedestrians walking on the sidewalks and other traffic-free areas of your facility
- Bollards can prevent vehicles from accidentally or purposefully crashing into your storefront. Some burglars will crash into glass storefronts on purpose to create a chaotic situation in which they can steal inventory unnoticed. Installing bollards can prevent this situation, as well as accidental crashes into your building.
- Bollards can prevent parking in unwanted areas.
- Bollards can help direct the flow of traffic for special events and prevent traffic where you don’t want it.
- Bollards can protect large appliances and other assets from vehicle-related accidents.
FloriFence specializes not only in fencing but select bollard applications for commercial facilities. If you’re interested in fence or bollard options for your business, give us a call today to learn more!