Today marks the first day of spring! Don’t miss the opportunity to do some spring cleaning to help enhance the appearance and extend the lifespan of your fence. Here are some steps to follow:
- Inspect your fence: Before you start cleaning, take a close look at your fence to identify any damage or areas that need repairs. Contact FloriFence to let our professionals make the necessary repairs or provide guidance on future maintenance.
- Gather the necessary tools: You will need a stiff-bristled brush, a bucket, a garden hose, a pressure washer (optional), and a cleaning solution that is appropriate for your fence material.
- Prepare the cleaning solution: If you are using a commercial cleaning solution, follow the instructions on the label. If you prefer to use a homemade solution, mix one part white vinegar with two parts water.
- Scrub the fence: Dip your brush in the cleaning solution and scrub the fence in small sections, starting from the top and working your way down. Be sure to scrub both sides of the fence to remove all dirt, grime, and mildew.
- Rinse the fence: Use a garden hose or pressure washer to rinse the fence thoroughly, starting from the top and working your way down. Be sure to rinse all sides of the fence to remove any remaining cleaning solution.
- Allow the fence to dry: Let the fence air dry completely before applying any stain, paint, or sealant.
- Apply a protective coating (optional): If you want to extend the lifespan of your fence, consider applying a protective coating, such as stain or sealant. Be sure to choose a product that is appropriate for your fence material.
By following these steps, you can effectively spring clean your fence and enhance its appearance and durability. Our FloriFence team is ready to consult on any cleaning products that may be helpful or other maintenance items you want to check off your list.