Autumn is one of our favorite times of the year at FloriFence. Cooler temperatures mean easier days for our installation crews, and as our schedule also slows down, we can help more customers build the fence of their dreams. If you’re interested in making the most of your newly installed fence, try one of these decorating tips to fit the fall season:
- Add fall garland – Garland is a beautiful and simple addition that can be wrapped around any fence. This works especially well for aluminum and wrought iron fencing, as it can be simply wrapped and tied to the fence. Choose an outdoor garland in fall colors that will work throughout the holidays.
- Install new lighting – As the evening temperatures cool, you can begin to enjoy late nights in the backyard by the bonfire or in the hot tub. To add to the ambiance, install some new lanterns or cafe lights on your fence. This will not only illuminate the night but can make your backyard feel just a bit more magical for the Halloween season.
- Plant fall flowers – Because Florida’s winters are still relatively warm compared to other parts of the country, you can often grow flowers year-round without worry about freezes. Autumn plants like cape honeysuckle, sweet Williams, and beach sunflowers make for perfect fall bouquets.
- Add wreaths to fence posts – Wreaths are ideal decorations not only for the front door but for each fence post for front or backyard fencing They can be switched out for the holidays, and take very little effort to install.
- Repaint – While repainting isn’t solely for the season, fall can be an ideal time to give your fence a new look for several reasons. The days are cooler, and there is a better chance of rain-free days after the hurricane season has ended. Repainting during a holiday break will give your fence new life for years to come.
If you have questions about repainting, repairing, or even replacing a fence this fall, contact your FloriFence team!